Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Price of Joy

Yesterday, I shared with you how I thought how utterly dark this world was.

Today, I share you joy - unadulterated, priceless joy.

I have no idea how much a container full of clothing, soccer balls, Crocs, bikes, and a playground set cost, but the joy that some folks from California brought on the faces of these orphans from Swaziland is priceless. This video was posted on Seth Barne's blog and it actually delivered a range of emotions - joy in my heart for what I was witnessing; envy, because I want to be part of something this crazy; restlessness, because God continually is showing me what true worship looks like (see James 1:27); and shame, because I don't know how many playgrounds my children have been on without ever giving a thought that there are some kids who have never been on one. A few weeks ago, my kids went to Disneyland and we had a wonderful time. I find myself wondering at this moment what God's Kingdom would look like here on earth. Below is a glimpse of The Happiest Place on Earth.
I challenge my brothers and sisters in Christ to ask themselves what would God's Kingdom look like here on earth? A quote by Annie Dillard is one way to guide you - "How we live our days...is how we live our lives." We need to discover for ourselves how to live this day by asking "Is this the most loving way to do life?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home