My Journey - Part 3
I journal about my fears of telling Hana by reflecting on a moment that happened just the day before. I write about this day on March 21, 2008 in a blog post entitled "The Day for Flowers".
Later that evening, after pitching our tents facing the Pacific Ocean, I tell my family of our plans. Crickets. No excitement, no reaction, which I later suspect is sadness and anxiety. Our family is close, and I know they will miss and worry about us. The weekend ends up being a reminder how much I love my family, but Easter Sunday sunrise service at the Flower Fields offers a reminder of a greater love. During the service, I remember holding my 8-month old son while singing the worship song, How Deep the Father's Love for Us, and knowing that our family was going to just fine resting in Abba Father.
Late March 2008 - I absolutely dread having to tell Megumi's parents of our plans. I have Megumi do through email and I'm worried sick about their response. Their reaction is mostly what I anticipate. They don't understand or agree with our decision. For the first time in my life, I have a taste of disapproval or opposition as a result of my faith. I'm lucky because I'm not dealing with the Romans, Gestapo, or Al Quada - just my in-laws. Still not easy. I begin to realize that for many, this really does look like "a stupid plan" which further affirms our decision and that we are on the right path.
April 6, 2008 - Celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary. I can't tell you how amazing Megumi has become during the last couple months. She eventually shares her testimony at church about this journey and I can't do anything but praise God for her.
April 8, 2008 - We start our family blog - Our Hope and Trust - and put up our first post. Since then, I've posted 542 times as a way to archive Our Journey.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home