Sunday, June 22, 2008

Megumi's Testimony

Many people have asked what Megumi has thought about our upcoming plans to serve and be a way for a year. Below is her testimony which she shared at our home church, Orange Coast Church on June 14, 2008. Megumi has been so strong and supportive throughout this entire journey thus far. She is the rock of our family. All praise goes to our Heavenly Father who continues to do a mighty work in her life!

-------
My name is Megumi. I am Russ’ wife and mother of these three children.

About 2 years ago, Russ heard about IJM and shared with me his interest in applying for a social worker position in Cebu in the Philippines. In all honesty I initially struggled with the idea of going away. But it was Russ’ passion and heart for people of the Philippines that moved me. I even got excited about the possibility of being a missionary in the Philippines. I wanted to support him. But It didn’t work out at that time. We were disappointed, but I also was actually relieved. But in my heart I knew the opportunity and idea would come again.

Beginning of this year, after I came back from a trip to Japan, Russ told me that IJM had an opening position for fellow social worker in the Cebu and he would really like to try again. I was shocked but not as much as 2 years ago. But it still took me some time to digest this issue. Russ told me that not only this was his life-dream to serve the country where he was born but also how it would be an incredible experience for our children to live and breath the Filipino side of their culture. Again my heart was moved and I wanted to support my husband. God has since given me peace about our decision.

Russ is a God-fearing husband and father as you can see. He loves Jesus and wants to His Lord & Savior with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his mind. And as his wife, my prayer to God is that I will not be a stumbling block when God wants to use his servant and son, and that as his wife, I will say “yes” to my husband, and I will support him through his ministries. I ask God our Father to give me that kind of heart because I want to follow Him also. God is certainly doing a might work in me, leading me to serve my husband as we serve our Lord together.

God is also giving me a growing heart for the poor and oppressed. I am excited that Russ will be part of an incredible team whose mission is to rescue children and women who are waiting to see light of God and waiting to be free. I am amazed to witness people like this who have the courage to step out to serve our God. He uses them to bring freedom, justice and life to more people. God is amazing!

About our children. It is not so easy for our children, especially for Hana, to come along with Papa’s plan to go to the Philippines. Hana loves her school so much and she knows that she will miss the 3rd grade and it’ sad for her. But God is also working in her and we are grateful for His grace, for Hana has accepted our plan and is preparing for this journey herself. I will be home-schooling Hana over there and will have to think of ways to occupy the two little boys while we study. But I have to tell you this; that it has been my prayer to God that I would have more time with our three precious children. God has answered my prayer through this missionary opportunity, even though there is three of them and one of me during the day. But I am very thankful for that, too.

Lastly, there are my parents who are in Japan and not Christ-believers. This idea of leaving the comfortable life here in the U.S. and taking little children with us has brought them a lot of worries and sorrow. They worry about the health of the children, schooling, our finances - all things that any parent would naturally worry about. But we are trying to convey to them that we have placed all these issues in God’s hand. His plan is is full of love and always works for the good for those who love Him and serve Him. While my father visited us here a few weeks ago, we shared with him our decision, our plans, and our faith. Praise God that he has come to understand us and is supportive of us. I am at peace and assured that God is and will be with us during the next year. I thank you, our church family and friends for praying for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home