Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You Children Bring Me To Tears

I've heard my share of Christmas Carols, but for some reason this one moved me. I had no clue who these kids are, but all I know is that they awoke something in me when they sang the last stanza of the song - it's always those 2-3 lines that bring me to tears. Darn it.

One more thing - I love the director's reaction of joy at the end, knowing these kids absolutely hit it.

Truly we learned to love one another,
The law is love and word now is peace,
Chains shall He break, for every slave's my brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in joyful chorus raise we,
And all within us, come to feel the same.
Fall on your knees, O hear the angels' voices
O Night divine, O Night on Christmas morn
O Night divine, O Night O divine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home