Morning Light
This morning the last few belongings were rounded up as I moved out of what has been our home sweet home for the 17 months. As I was reflecting upon the time and spaces around me, I was again overwhelmed with gratitude. Surrounded by an empty and tidy spaces and silence, I could hear the kids playing, fighting, I could hear Megumi conducting another day of home school, I could see our family surrounded at the table, and I could see myself laying on the bed awake during one of the countless sleepless nights thinking about work and family. I even remember during my search for a home and anxiously wondering where we should temporarily plant ourselves as a family.
I woke up this morning in darkness with the early sun beginning to show itself through the beautiful stain glass that hangs over our bed. It has always been there, but today, for someone reason, it appeared especially magnificent. I was reminded of God's faithfulness, which is always so beautiful in the present, but unspeakably glorious looking back. I tried to express some of my thoughts in a journal entry below called Morning Light.
Morning Light streaming...
into a house once full of dreams
Mercy shown every morning
upon a family full of love...
For you - for one another
We leave this place knowing
You are Home....so we carry You as
You carry us into your Morning Light.
I woke up this morning in darkness with the early sun beginning to show itself through the beautiful stain glass that hangs over our bed. It has always been there, but today, for someone reason, it appeared especially magnificent. I was reminded of God's faithfulness, which is always so beautiful in the present, but unspeakably glorious looking back. I tried to express some of my thoughts in a journal entry below called Morning Light.
into a house once full of dreams
Mercy shown every morning
upon a family full of love...
For you - for one another
We leave this place knowing
You are Home....so we carry You as
You carry us into your Morning Light.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home