Our Journey of the Heart
Yesterday's post ended with the following statements:
"The Secret Romance involves for every soul a journey of heroic proportions. And while it may require from some a change of geography, for every soul it means a journey of the heart.”
I love how each of the journey's described by John Eldredge is called a Secret Romance. For some it requires a change of geography. But for everyone, it means a journey of the heart. For my family and I, the Secret Romance - the love affair we have had with Christ Jesus involved both a change of geography and a journey of the heart. For Megumi and I, our love for Him has become sweeter, deeper, and more intimate because Jesus has proven Himself to be the complete lover - always faithful, always present, always inviting, always captivating, and at times intoxicating. Coincidentally (or is it?) my romance with Megumi has become sweeter, deeper, and more intimate. My love for her has grown despite my failure to be the complete lover - not always present, many times uninviting and pre-occupied. Instead, my love for her has grown because she has always been faithful, always available, always patient, and her strength and courage captivating.
I have repeatedly shared with people that the greatest miracle that I have witnessed in this entire experience (and we've experienced and witnessed some pretty amazing things) is witnessing Megumi's journey of the heart. It required a change of geography, but her journey of the heart has been the most amazing thing. She has been the rock of our family and God is shaping her further as His trophy. Megumi is living proof what God can do when you submit the self to Him.
Today at My Refuge House, the staff and residents celebrated our family. It was a heart-warming time! Tomorrow, Megumi and the kids leave for Tokyo where they will spend the remaining weeks of 2009with her family while I finish up our mission here in Cebu. Unlike Jacob or Abraham, we're turning back geographically. But the journey of the heart continues.
July 21, 2008 @ Los Angeles International Airport - the beginning of our geographical journey.
December 11, 2009 - our last dinner as a family in Cebu. We also celebrated our helper, Mayang, whom the children will deeply miss. We enjoyed the world's largest hamburger - check it out...
We will be spending the upcoming holidays apart as a family. But everyday here has been a celebration of His faithfulness.
"The Secret Romance involves for every soul a journey of heroic proportions. And while it may require from some a change of geography, for every soul it means a journey of the heart.”
I love how each of the journey's described by John Eldredge is called a Secret Romance. For some it requires a change of geography. But for everyone, it means a journey of the heart. For my family and I, the Secret Romance - the love affair we have had with Christ Jesus involved both a change of geography and a journey of the heart. For Megumi and I, our love for Him has become sweeter, deeper, and more intimate because Jesus has proven Himself to be the complete lover - always faithful, always present, always inviting, always captivating, and at times intoxicating. Coincidentally (or is it?) my romance with Megumi has become sweeter, deeper, and more intimate. My love for her has grown despite my failure to be the complete lover - not always present, many times uninviting and pre-occupied. Instead, my love for her has grown because she has always been faithful, always available, always patient, and her strength and courage captivating.
I have repeatedly shared with people that the greatest miracle that I have witnessed in this entire experience (and we've experienced and witnessed some pretty amazing things) is witnessing Megumi's journey of the heart. It required a change of geography, but her journey of the heart has been the most amazing thing. She has been the rock of our family and God is shaping her further as His trophy. Megumi is living proof what God can do when you submit the self to Him.
Today at My Refuge House, the staff and residents celebrated our family. It was a heart-warming time! Tomorrow, Megumi and the kids leave for Tokyo where they will spend the remaining weeks of 2009with her family while I finish up our mission here in Cebu. Unlike Jacob or Abraham, we're turning back geographically. But the journey of the heart continues.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home