Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Worship #6

After a one week break, my family was back at My Refuge House for Sunday Worship. Also accompanying us was my buddy, Neil, who has been a huge lift for my family and the staff and residents of MRH. Today, Neil shared the message while I "led" out (I play the iPod - hahaha) in worship. Neil and I work so well together and God is graciously using us to minister to the girls. Afterwards, Megumi noted that she was deeply touched by the service, which confirmed to that in the eternal perspective, MRH was doing what mattered most. This was great encouragement to me.

After lunch, we had the girls do a bit of clay work. We worked on the manger scene and then Mary, Joseph, and the three kings. The girls began to arranged them all around the barn, but they were reminded that Advent is first about longing. So we took Mary (who was very pregnant), Joseph, and the donkey and placed them in the far corner of the house. We then took the wise men and had them start at the very east corner. Christmas was still 19 days away, and it would take them at least that long to get to the manger, which is located directly below our Christmas tree, which is topped by a star. Every day, we would inch them closer. No reason to rush it.

After I ordered ice cream sundaes for everyone, I encouraged the girls and staff to receive the newly hired clinical director with loving kindes and respect. In return, each of the girls thanked my family and I for serving at MRH. Among the things we heard, were "It is at MRH where I learned about how much Jesus loves me" and "This is where I learned to read the Bible." Megumi was touched to tears. Hana received a couple hand-made gifts from some of the residents. The girls hugged each of our children and were sent off with great affection. Afterwards, we agreed that whatever we sacrificed as family was worth it all.


2 Comments:

Blogger Nannette Ricaforte said...

I am going to miss your blogs and updates of MRH. :(

December 15, 2009 at 12:59 AM  
Blogger ERuss said...

Hey Nannette,

I'm going to miss it all too. I'm going to read all of this down the road and just shake my head in amazement of God's goodness and faithfulness. But I know God has something just as exciting for me back in the US, even though I can't imagine it. See you in the So Cal soon.

December 15, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home