Friday, August 14, 2009

Touchdown! Crazy Love!

It took 44 hours, two van rides, three airplanes, two airport shuttles, multiple fits and tantrums, an array of hideous food, and the grace of one Awesome God - to get us back home here in Cebu. Memo to parents: when your children outnumber you in the airport - pray! I'm ashamed that I ever let Megumi travel by herself with three kids.

During the flight back, I was finally able to read Francis Chan's book "Crazy Love." It was a book that I have been wanting to read for the last year and was able to purchase it right before we left. So many thoughts about this book, many of which reflects my journey with Christ. I will post some thoughts here in the next few days. In typical Francis Chan fashion, the book provokes, tweaks, and challenges us to be real and authentic followers by offering a high and accurate view of God. In a previous post, I included excerpts of his indictment of the lukewarm church.

I'll add some of his provocative statements - "As I see it, a lukewarm Christian is an oxymoron; there's no such thing. To put it plainly, churchgoers who are "lukewarm" are not Christians. We will not see them in Heaven...." Chan then offers Revelation 3:15-18 and states that there is "no gentle rendering of the work "spit" in the Greek." Classic.

He then challenges to search the Scriptures yourself, especially the Gospel. His conclusion: "Jesus' call to commitment is clear: He wants all or nothing. The though of a person calling himself a "Christian" without being a devoted follower of Christ is absurd."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home