Timothy & Paul
This last Sabbath at Orange Coast Church, Pastor Ken preached about Timothy and Paul, and it reminded me of my spiritual mentors who have shaped me and encouraged me throughout the years. It is special for me to return back from my own mission and report to them how faithful God has been and thanking them for their prayers and encouragement.
Pastor James Su's impact on my walk with Christ has meant everything to me. He is the one who led me to consider the centrality of the Cross while unashamedly pushing all other religious doctrines to the side. I had never heard a person talk about the Cross that way, thus showing me the incompleteness of my walk with Lord. When we get together, we always talk about how God is moving in each of our lives. I am praising God that he has experienced the love and companionship of Masako-san after being alone for many years after his first wife died of cancer. His place in our lives is special - he is the one Megumi and I asked to marry us over 12 years ago and he is the one we asked to re-baptize Megumi amongst the cold Pacific Ocean three years ago.
Whenever I meet Gary and Roger at church, they are always full of encouragement. I love how they speak of their own relationship, with Roger serving as Gary's life mentor for many years. As a couple, Roger and his amazing wife, Jan inspired Gary and his amazing wife, Mirta passing out wisdom and encouragement. Now both do the same with Megumi and I. Their affection and love for our family is very special to me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home