Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm Back

It has been over two weeks since I updated the blog. Apologies for those who have checked in and found nothing new. A lot of has happened these several days. Megumi and I have a lot on our plate and even more on our minds. Everyday we have seen God's faithfulness as He continues to use us here. In the next few days, I will catch you up to speed on our lives, but here's a brief recap:

- After my retreat weekend over two weeks ago, we returned back to our home in Cebu along with my two aunts and cousin. My Auntie Elizabeth has been receiving radiation therapy every day (except the weekends) for her cancer condition. Every day at the dinner table, we pray for complete healing, but more importantly that her soul experience joy and peace that no one else can understand. These are very depressing and anxious times for her and the entire family. Megumi and I are just glad we are around to support her in any way we can. My cousin and my other aunt have also been very helpful in cooking meals for the entire household.

- Megumi's parents visited us from Japan and were with us for one week. We spent a couple days hopping over to a nearby island - Camotes Islands. We had a great time together althoug the weather was a bit crappy. I will share some photos of our trip in the next few days.

- Work has been busy. I have a series of trainings and group discussions lined up for a few of the aftercare shelters. I will be training them on the job-readiness model that I created and shared at the Stakeholder's Meetings. I am working on a trainers manual which hopefully be a useful resource for staff persons as they work with the young women in the shelters.

- Megumi continues to be challenged as she attempts to homeschool Hana and take care of the entire family. She is holding up strong, but we all need continued prayers and encouragement. Some of you have been done that so we praise God for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home