Friday, January 30, 2009

Get-Away-Day

TGIF! It has been a really busy week at work and this weekend will be full of activity. Immediately after work, I go straight to the airport to meet up with Megumi and the kids where we will catch an evening flight over to Negros, which is the next island over. I was invited by my friend, Neil, to be a guest speaker for a youth retreat. I met Neil several years ago and he has always wanted me to join him in his ministry activities. The theme for the weekend is "Pathway to Christ." I have gone back and forth during my preparation for this weekend and continue to seek what God woud have me share with the students this weekend. I am both excited and anxious about my three sessions (two with the students and one with teacher staff). I asked our Prayer Team to lift me up in prayer and will need it.

Megumi and the kids will not join me as they will stay with some relatives in Bacolod, which is about three hours away from where the retreat will be. They will be celebrating the 61st birthday of my Auntie Beth, who is fighting cancer right now. She will be following us to Cebu where she will begin a new round of radiation treatment for the next four weeks. We are praying for healing and are thankful for the opportunity to help care for her during the upcoming days.

We are in so many deep waters these days and the only thing it seems we can do is pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home