Stakeholders Meeting: We Need Prayer
It's Monday evening and tomorrow is a big day for the Economic Self-Sufficiency and Reintegration Project (basically my work here at IJM). For the last four months or so, I've been working on job-readiness model to help prepare our clients for training and employment. This last week our Project Consultant, Laura and IJM Business Relations Fellow, Alan (who just arrived) have been putting our heads together planning not only for tomorrow's Stakeholder's Meeting, but the next phase of the project. As you imagine, there are many facets to preparing trafficking survivors for economic self-sufficiency, not including mobilizing resources to help them get the opportunity to work and then succeed.
This entire work is deep waters. Just where we want to be.....(this is self-talk).
I submitted this Project long ago in my Heavenly Father's hands, knowing He loves the women we seek to help. He knows the value and importance of work, and has glorious plans for how he will provide for their needs. This submission is a daily thing for me, because there were many days in which I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and the immensity of the work was actually disorientating to me. But I remained focused on Him, and the Project has taken shape. There are many times in which He has showed up, but none more powerful than the encouragement He gives me daily.
Please pray that Stakeholder's would be more hopeful, more equipped, and more committed in doing their part in helping these women. Pray that God's favor will be on me as I present my material and be upon every person working on this project, including Laura and Alan, who have revived my passion and energy this week.
We covet your prayers tomorrow.
This entire work is deep waters. Just where we want to be.....(this is self-talk).
I submitted this Project long ago in my Heavenly Father's hands, knowing He loves the women we seek to help. He knows the value and importance of work, and has glorious plans for how he will provide for their needs. This submission is a daily thing for me, because there were many days in which I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and the immensity of the work was actually disorientating to me. But I remained focused on Him, and the Project has taken shape. There are many times in which He has showed up, but none more powerful than the encouragement He gives me daily.
Please pray that Stakeholder's would be more hopeful, more equipped, and more committed in doing their part in helping these women. Pray that God's favor will be on me as I present my material and be upon every person working on this project, including Laura and Alan, who have revived my passion and energy this week.
We covet your prayers tomorrow.

1 Comments:
I check your blog every day to see if there's any special prayer requests. Yes, I will pray for you and all that you've asked to pray for. Be of Good Courage and trust Him because He will blow our minds away! I believe in prayers and God will help us! As I always claimed through thick and thin of my school days(had no money at all to go to college) He had provided everything I needed and then some like those left over bread and fish in the baskets. I always claimed that verse where He promised that He will finish what He started! He started in all of us not just you and your family but all of us and I believe in His power and grace. The Holy Spirit will move through all those present and affect every one of us!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home