Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mid-Week

We are here in San Carlos City in the province of Negros, which is the next island over from Cebu. We rejoined my dad and our enjoying ourselves immensely with the large Bermejo clan here. I have so many aunties, uncles, cousins, boyfriends and girlfriends of cousins here, and keeping track of names and whose kids are who is still a challenge. Yesterday the clan went to a nearby beach where we barbequed, sang Karoake (with the TV and mic set-up right there), played the annual game of BINGO (I'm the sponsor and host with all the interesting prizes), and messed around. At first Hana and Sei were a bit overwhelmed by the enormity of the crowd and seeing so many cousins, but by the end of the day, they were all playing together and having a great time. Last night, I asked Sei if he had a good time, and he said "Yes, because I found a friend" which was his older cousin. And of course, everyone enjoyed holding Tomoki and tried to speak Japanese with him - Filipino-style by reeling off all the Japanese companies they knew (ie. Sony, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Yamaha, Suzuki, Isuzu, Ajinimoto, etc). I have crazy cousins. I will post some pics when we return back home Thursday evening.

Yesterday, my dad and I were able to speak to my mom, who stated that the memorial services for my aunt was beautiful and well-attended. I was also able to speak to my cousin, Andre a couple days ago and told him that we were praying for him and loved him. We talked a little about Revelation 21, which I had encouraged him to read through in an earlier email. The time after the services can be the most difficult and the with the holidays coming up, the mourning, perhaps at the deepest level, will be coming. So we continue to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home