Been Busy
Hello Everyone, apologies again for the lack of any updates or posts. Work has been busy as I have been hitting the pavement meeting with various contacts in the community (business, social services, political, etc) and home life. Megumi's mother has been with us for the past week and is enjoying her brief stay here in Cebu. She returns back home tomorrow. The kids have been enjoying her company and she has been helpful with various home tasks, including the daily loads of laundry. We are contemplating getting some in-home help to help Megumi with managing the home, especially as she prepares for the homeschooling year for Hana. It's weird - we managed on our own back in the states - Megumi staying home with all three children. We have been strongly encouraged to consider in-house help here because it is a different situation here. One thing we are finding out - the we are having to be very diligent - even obssessive - about cleaning-up to avoid an infestation of ants, roaches, or rodents. That means no crumbs on the floor or table or sink. Also, the laundry is overwhelming given the time it takes to hang-dry clothes and the size of our washer.
Another thing - we are dependent on taxis getting around here. We miss being able to get into our own car and just going out. There have been some days where there was no taxi available, so I had to just start walking (once in the light rain) to find an available cab.
So we appreciate your prayers in all this. Megumi is hanging in there, but of course I worry about her endurance. Pray that I will be the husband and father that my family needs me to be. Pray that I have strong discernment as I try to balance both work and family life.
Here's a photo of Mr. Reckless, who is learning to walk. You can see the safety measures made out of clothes hanging wire to prevent an accident.
Another thing - we are dependent on taxis getting around here. We miss being able to get into our own car and just going out. There have been some days where there was no taxi available, so I had to just start walking (once in the light rain) to find an available cab.
So we appreciate your prayers in all this. Megumi is hanging in there, but of course I worry about her endurance. Pray that I will be the husband and father that my family needs me to be. Pray that I have strong discernment as I try to balance both work and family life.
Here's a photo of Mr. Reckless, who is learning to walk. You can see the safety measures made out of clothes hanging wire to prevent an accident.

1 Comments:
Good evening family-
Thank you for the prayer request and letting us know you were able to watch the church service. I took your prayer request and was praying for you anyway but now I will be more specific. I miss you guys and know that God has a plan for you there regardless of the many inconveniences. Megumi- I will be praying for strength and endurance for you as you home school and home manage everything there. What a big job!! I know God will get you through this. By the time you come home we will be worshipping in a new building not that far from where we are already. It is a very nice facility. Speaking of which; where are you guys able to worship? Are there any Seventh Day Adventists churches? We will be leaving for Spokane this week for two weeks so I will write again later. I love reading your blog and all the links and I copied all 19 pages for people at church to read. We love you. Jan and Roger Lang
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home