Saturday, May 31, 2008

Praises & Requests

It's almost midnight Saturday, May 31st - last day in May and in about five hours I'm headed to the airport to fly out to IJM Headquarters in Washington DC for Training Week. The family is sleeping, I'm still packing and trying to do some work, which I will bringing with me. This last week was totally insane at work...I didn't eat dinner with the family until tonight and did some work up until midnight every night. Hana was asking when I was going to "be home" and it made me feel sad...

I'm excited about Training Week, but I'm actually dreading having to leave Megumi and the kids behind here at home. My love for Megumi and my children have grown because of the sacrifice and patience they have shown in all of this...

So as far as Praise -

Praise God for such a strong wife and mother of our children. I don't know how Megumi does it with so much grace and strength. But she is certainly the rock that is holding our family together through our entire preparation. I'm running around like crazy, and she quietly takes care of our family....

Praise God for my three children - who simply trust us and let us take care of everything...They are example of faith and dependence.

Praise God for such encouraging people that have come across our paths in the last week. I have had numerous people at work and Hana's school say something that always lifted my spirit up.

Praise God for Megumi's father - who came to visit us with really one goal in mind - to play with the kids, which he did very well. He also let us share our heart about our plans and decision to be a way for a year and listened.

Praise God for the all the other trainees that will be part of Training Week. IJM printed out bios for each one, and I am honored to be around such incredible human beings, most of them about 10-15 years younger than me.


Praise God for my home-stay family who will be receiving me and housing me for Training Week!

If you have a heart for our family, please pray for the following:

- that my week in DC be one of encouragement, teaching, inspiration, spiritual renewal, and planning.
- that angels watch over Megumi and the kids while I'm away and that peace be in their hearts
- that caring friends and family call them and encourage Megumi in my absence
- that our parents experience peace and that they be touched by an encouraging word from others.
- our Pastor - Ken Studer of Orange Coast Church - who suffered a stroke and is recovering, pray that our church grow and become stronger as a result of shared leadership.

I probably won't be blogging until I get back on June 8th.

Blessings to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home