iPadding
Two of my greatest joys these days is my iPad and my daughter. Megumi will shake her head unamused when she reads this. I've had the gadget now for two months and its a ton of fun. I justified the purchase to help me with the volumes and volumes of reading I do at work. I've uploaded dozens of PDF's related to substance abuse along with reading material related to human trafficking. I also uploaded a shelf load of books (iBooks is amazing) including the ESV Bible and the Jewish Bible. Lots of fun.
Baby Sora has been around twice as long, and I'm in love with this little girl. After she was born, I re-visited some of my child development text books from graduate school just to understand the science behind this little princess. There's this concept of "dance of attunement" which is related to attachment theory which basically says that the child and the parent have innate capacities to dig each other. I'm into her because she's into me, and she's digging me because I adore her. It's certainly a dance, and in the process, I almost literally see her brain being wired right before my eyes.
Another thing that makes her so cute is the round padding around the lower half of her body. Last month, Megumi came home from this autumn craft festival with a bag full of home-made cloth diapers that she purchased from a vendor. My first reaction was simply "Why?" and "Why now?" Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I reacted this way to one of her ideas (see home water birth), but because I'm such an open person and she's such as a persuasive woman, I decided to go along with it - as long as she did all the changing and laundry.
I must say its working out fine. Sora is happy, Papa hasn't had to go on a diaper run at Target in weeks, and baby looks so darn cute. I joke about it, but I tell everyone that I want to grab her buy the legs and swing her around like a turkey because her cuteness demands it.
Baby Sora has been around twice as long, and I'm in love with this little girl. After she was born, I re-visited some of my child development text books from graduate school just to understand the science behind this little princess. There's this concept of "dance of attunement" which is related to attachment theory which basically says that the child and the parent have innate capacities to dig each other. I'm into her because she's into me, and she's digging me because I adore her. It's certainly a dance, and in the process, I almost literally see her brain being wired right before my eyes.
Another thing that makes her so cute is the round padding around the lower half of her body. Last month, Megumi came home from this autumn craft festival with a bag full of home-made cloth diapers that she purchased from a vendor. My first reaction was simply "Why?" and "Why now?" Of course, it wouldn't be the first time I reacted this way to one of her ideas (see home water birth), but because I'm such an open person and she's such as a persuasive woman, I decided to go along with it - as long as she did all the changing and laundry.
I must say its working out fine. Sora is happy, Papa hasn't had to go on a diaper run at Target in weeks, and baby looks so darn cute. I joke about it, but I tell everyone that I want to grab her buy the legs and swing her around like a turkey because her cuteness demands it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home