Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baaack!

After a three and half month vacay, I'm back for now. Indeed, there is a lot of regret for not keeping this updated because my story got really exciting soon after I stopped blogging. Here's what happened.

I finally got a job, which I really really enjoy for lots and lots of reasons. On July 8th, I was offered a position at Children and Family Futures as a Program Associate. The organization basically runs like a think tank or consultancy firm with the goal of improving outcomes for children and families affected by substance abuse. I work with lots of smart and brilliant people, most of whom have lots of letters behind their names. Of course, I have some letters behind my name, but more importantly I now have a paycheck with "Emilio Russ Bermejo" on it. Aside from income, I'm loving the work I do, I'm learning a lot and this is a great opportunity for me at this stage of my career. And oh yeah, did I say that it's located two miles from our house?

Two days later I got the job offer, on July 10th, our Baby Sora Hope arrived into our home. She is an absolute delight. Here's a video of that day.

Sora Hope has brought her daddy into a season of reflection, some of which I will try to capture in words, but most of which is indescribable.

Hana, age 11, is in 5th grade and will probably surpass her parents in height here in the next year or so. The fifth grade is considered a "golden season" because there is a beauty and gracefulness that marks this period of child development. We are bracing ourselves for pre-adolescent drama. In the meantime, Hana carries herself so well and this has been confirmed by many who have seen her grow throughout the years. Here's a photo of Grace:

Sei, age 6, is our cowboy. Over the summer, he attended his older sister's summer theatre play performance called "Wagons Wheels West" and ever since then, he thinks he's John Wayne. He started kindergarten in September and is simply loving it. Here's a photo of a true Western hero.

And then there's Tomo(ki), age 3. Let's say that this kid does not let himself get lost in the mix. He demands attention and won't stop until he get's it. Indeed, the squeakiest wheel does get the oil, even if he's no longer the youngest.

And then finally, my love, Megumi. I have two words to describe her: Rock Solid. For her birthday, I baked her a cake. Yes - those are real sunflowers sprouting out of a chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting topped with choco-covered sunflower seeds. "You make me happy when skies are gray.."
That's us in summary. Oh yeah, did I mention that God is good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home