Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm Back & Running

After several weeks away, I'm firing up this blog again. I start off with some photos of Team Bermejo, which completed the Orange County Half Marathon yesterday. We set off to run and raise money for My Refuge House by trying to find 100 people to donate $13.10 - basically one dollar per mile. We received pledges totaling over a $500. Although the race is over (finished just a little under 3 hours), the fight continues. If you would like to donate to our cause, please press on this link:
Night before - Little Man getting rest.
We woke up the entire family at 5:00 am to head to the start line, which was at Fashion Island. I think Tomo thought we were going to shopping.
Running advertisement.
It was 55 F at the beginning of race time. Great weather if you're actually running.
Runners with strollers had to start out at the end of the pack. I saw only less than 5 jogger strollers on the course, so we were definitely a "rare breed."
Running along side overlooking Corona del Mar. What an absolutely gorgeous morning to be alive and running.
We're in no real hurry in this race. Beautiful views deserve to be appreciated. I didn't take any photos, however, of the multi-million homes overlooking this part of the beach.
Our Game Plan: Little Man sits back, relax, snack; Papa: run and push
Newport Back Bay, which is an ecological preserve, was a beautiful place to run.
Finish time was 2 hrs. 56 min. Aside from a minor blister on my little toe and some minor quad cramps, this race was a lot of fun. Great job, Little Man (who slept over 2/3 of the race)! Go Team Bermejo.
My tattoo. Running reminds me that I can indeed do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Heavy Medaled - 10 Half-Marathons and 3 Marathons (209.6 miles). Can't wait to see the finisher's medal in New Jerusalem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home