Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wrecked for the Ordinary - A Manifesto for Misfits: Part 5

Part 5 - by Jeff Goines:
It’s time, friends. Time to give back. Time to step out and risk more than we want. Time to dream dreams bigger than we imagined. Time to mourn with those who mourn, to bring beauty where there were ashes before, to announce a new season in the world. This isn’t just altruism or compassionate living; it’s something more than a tax write-off or publicity stunt.

It’s a shot at living the lives that we were meant to live, that we’re scared to live, that the world needs us to live. And that we need us to live.

This is the uncomfortable part of reading this manifesto: It’s time to act, to actually do something. I’ve put you in an uncomfortable position. You see, you have to respond to this call. You have op- tions, of course. You can dismiss it or take it to heart. You can throw it out or let it keep you up at night. But you have to do something with it.

I’m hoping you’ll mull this idea over and consider the life you’ve been living. I hope you’ll wonder, as Jack Nicolson’s character did: “Is this as good as it gets?” Frankly, I’m hoping you’ll step out and experience a Moment that changes you forever. And I hope that it wrecks you. If it does, it will not be the end, but only the beginning of something more.

This will not be easy, but you don’t want it to be. If it were easy, then everyone would do it. And everyone won’t do it, but you could. If you’ve been wrecked, you know that there is no choice. You’ve seen a fourth dimension, collided with a new reality. And there’s just no going back to the same old life you had before.

You know this. I know it. It’s time. It’s time to act.
In summary, I want my kids to be great misfits.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica K. said...

That is a GREAT picture :) You're kids will be awesome misfits.

April 6, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home