Imagine
Ok - yes - I get the fact that this type of extreme expression or sentiment is not reflective of most Christians' hearts. Most of my brothers and sisters that I know at least would find this just as vile (or would they?) So I won't attempt to even say too much about such hate groups other than this:
I actually have more respect for people like this.
I mean, if you're going to be a hater, you might as well be really really good at it - the bullhorns, the poster boards (which seem to be professionally done); the screaming; the in-your-face-you-can-record-this-on-tape attitude.
Now imagine this: imagine if real Christians were just as passionate about love. Take the same boldness, same passion, and harness it for love. You can include the bullhorns, sandwich boards, camera-action - all of it. The humble ones wouldn't want the attention, of course, and that's fine. But imagine if the world, the hurting world, knew us for in-your-loving kindness. I wish there would have been a group of brothers and sisters who would have matched their energy and passion opposing hate during that protest event.
Unfortunately, most Christians are somewhere in the middle, maybe confused, and lukewarm. And the Bible actually tells us what God thinks about lukewarm Christians.
Revelation 3 - “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!"
Imagine a sign saying "God hates lukewarm Christians!"
The point is this: If you want to be serious about following Jesus, you're going to have to be serious about loving. The indifference and silence is deafening to the people who need to hear it the most.
I scoffed at the extremist voices, but if you ask most people in the homosexual community, they will tell you that this is the voice they hear and identify with the Body of Christ.
Imagine if they heard a different voice, an extreme voice saying something different.

1 Comments:
I'm ready to be extreme! Let's BRING it on Thursday! Let's bring in your face love and compassion! And let's just look foolishly exuberant to serve God no matter what situation He brings. At the end of my soul searching this past month I realized, God only has called me to serve Him in the end. Not to force results. That's up to Him. I can be ready to obey.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home