Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bermejo Clan - San Carlos

Today the entire Bermejo Clan (over 75) gathered at a nearby pool resort where we enjoyed a day of bbq and swimming. This will definitely be the last visit to San Carlos for Megumi and the kids, and possibly for me as well since I may spend December holidays in Cebu. We had a great time today. Below are some photos and accompanying thoughts from today.
The scenary coming out of San Carlos is absolutely beautiful. Megumi and I always get a bit sentimental knowing this is the land of my father and my grandparents. But today, another thought entered my mind: This would be a magnificent place to build and start an aftercare home program.
My family loves ice cream, and I love to serve it. Here in the Philippines, you can order home-made ice cream in these large steel cannisters which resemble an urn. Today we served up mango-cheese. For Americans, having small chunks of cheddar cheese may seem very strange. Don't knock it though. This is very yummy.
Megumi has grown to love the entire Bermejo family here and in turn they love here. Here she is with some of my cousins. They all think that Megumi is beautiful, and to that I say: Yup!
The kids love Megumi, too. Hana, Sei, and Tomoki had a great time swimming with all their cousins. Our time here in the Philippines and our visits to San Carlos throughout the years has nutured our relationships. Our lives are rich because of them. I think of my Lolo and Lola Bermejo, who must be very happy to know of the love and joy in our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home