Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 14 - Letting Go


Yesterday, the house said farewell to A, who will be transferred to a long-term shelter tomorrow. MRH is a short-term shelter designed to care for newly rescued girls and women for a period up to 6-9 months. So we know that our time with each girl is short. But during that short time, amazing things can happen and close relationships are built. Although we are all excited about this opportunity for A, we will miss her. She is an incredibly bright and articulate girl who has made great strides in her recovery. More importantly, she has come to more about the Father's love and we pray she will continue grow in Christ. She will carry with her a beautiful Cebuano/English Bible that was given to every girl and staff here a few months ago.

A. and another resident M. made a poster which was taped to the wall here near the dining room. M. is also hoping to be transferred to another long-term shelter here in the near future. The bright pink poster was entitled "WE LOVE YOU" and includes messages to all the staff and residents.

Here are some of the things they wrote:
To our House Mothers: We wanna thank you for each of your efforts and care for us. Especially we apprecciate you great love to us. Eventhough sometimes we are hard-headed but your still understand us. And trying your best to give your attention to us that we really need in our life here. We love you and miss you.

To our Social Worker and Admin Staff: We wannt thank you for your efforts and love you share to us. Thank you for teaching us to be god and to know more about God. We love you and miss you.

To our nice Guards: We thank you for your efforts to us and both of you are nice guards here in Refuge House. Even though we are hardheaded but you still ltrying yoru best to let us calm down and laugh. We thank you for sharing your love to us, especially your understanding and patience to us. We appreciate it. We love you.

To our Director, Kuya Russ - we thank you for trying your best to understand us and your effort here in My Refuge House. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and teachin us more English. Thank you for being our Father here. We sorry for being hardheaded sometimes. We love you and good luck.


PS. When I arrived to work today, I found a card on my desk from A. with the following message to me and the staff -

"I am so happy leaving My Refuge House...I'm so touching all of your messages...I really appreciate your efforts to me. I will never forget this memory that I experience. I will miss you all. I love you so much. Please continue pray for me, for my continue changes...I will never forget this moment I have . I am so lucky to meet this shelter. Good bye and I love you..God bless."

In so many ways, I do feel like a father - both proud and nervous about letting go of a daughter into a new chapter in her life. We do what we can for the time we are given. But ultimately and safely, we submit the lives of each of our girls into the hands of our Heavenly Father, who will follow each of them where they go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home