Friday, July 17, 2009

On Our Way Home

It's 3:50 am Friday, morning and I'm waiting for my flight to Manila and then to Tokyo. By this afternoon, I will be reunited with Megumi and the kids after being separated for almost 4 weeks. During that time, I have done basically nothing more than work, sleep (down to 4 hours) and eat on the run. I have finished this part of the marathon race and I am full of gratitude.

By Monday, we will be back in Southern California, enjoying friends and family. We are so excited to be reunited with them. I know that our time will fly, and within 3 1/2 weeks, we will be back, for what I am calling the 5K. Most of my time now will be devoted to my work at My Refuge House, and it will be mad dash to December. I am enjoying myself so much at MRH. We just opened up our Prayer Room and it has created an absolute spiritual buzz amongst staff and the girls. We have had staff prayer in the room, and have enjoyed every moment. The girls were able to finish some costume jewelry for me to bring back to sell and some thank you cards to share with New Heart Community Church. And then yesterday, everyone was able to receive a new Cebuano/English Bible, compliments of my home church. I am full of gratitude to have witnessed so much.

I thank each of you who have encouraged Megumi and I the last 12 months. It's hard to imagine how the time flew. God is not finished with us year, and He is constantly shaping us for his glorious purpose.

So many things to look forward to in the upcoming weeks. But my first delight will be a Double-Double at In-n-Out Burger. And then I can't wait to drive either of our two Hondas. Ye-haw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home