Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Marriage is a Mystery

I have the most amazing wife, who embodies the truths in Ephesians 5 every day. My love for Megumi has grown even deeper as a result of our experiences here. All of this is a mystery, of course, because these days, most couples drift and grow apart as the years pass. But as the Apostle Paul reminds us, the mystery of marriage is really the mystery of Christ. I cannot explain most of what I'm experiencing with Megumi.

There are songs, however, that help us do that. Over the weekend, while having a nice meal outside with the family, I requested a song for the in-house entertainers to perform as a dedication to my beautiful wife. As the kids were running around, laughing, they played Annie's Song by John Denver. It dawned on me later that you can take any half-way decently written love song, and have it express your feelings for Christ. This is a mystery, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home