Monday, December 15, 2008

Advent Devotional

Every other week, we have a staff devotional first thing on Monday. It is a time for praise worship, a devotional, and prayer. Today, I led out in the devotional for the second time and decided to share a bit of the season of Advent. Last year, Megumi and I discovered this beatiful and rich tradition and decided to celebrate it last year as a family and with some friends. Last year was a memorable season, marked with deeper longing and yearning for the coming of Christ.

Below are the slides of my devotional, which included both music, iconic art, liturgical and Scripture reading, and reflection. The response of my co-workers was overwhelming, and I was grateful for our short time together as an office. Afterwards, we gathered in the lobby area, where the entire office cheered on a few co-workers, who danced around the Christmas tree singing the "Frog Song." Only those late to the devotional are allowed to sing this silly song. From quiet reflection to laughter and dancing. This is the Season of Advent.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home