Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pintaflores Festival - San Carlos City

Below are more photos of the Pintalfores Festival in San Carlos City from a couple weeks ago. This is the highlight event of the year in this small port town, which is where my father grew up and where most of the Bermejo Clan still reside. What a beautiful display of cultural pageantry and dancing colors we witnessed. It was a hot day, and one of my father's old pals invited us to view the parade under the shade of the staged tent which housed the judges and the vice-mayor. I guess it's nice to know people in high places - especially here in the Philippines. Although it was a pleasure to shake hands with Mr. Vice Mayor, I wanted to watch the parade with the masses. Megumi and the kids and my dad stayed under the tent while I joined my cousins along the street. With the crowd pushing themselves into the street only to be pushed back by security, I found myself alternating between sitting with a front row view or behind looking at people's feet and backsides. At least they provided some shade.



At times, I had a front and center view of the parade....


While at other times, this was my view of the festivities. I felt like I wanted to climb up a sycamore tree.

Here we are holding our ground position. In a few minutes, these people will be behind us. He-haw!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like a genie in the Aladin play in the California Adventure disneyland! LOL, I guess you have a face of many people and color...ha ha ha. ;P
Mia

November 19, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home