Bermejo Family Q & A IV
Q: What does God say and/or do to give you encouragement?
- Megumi: He moves His Spirit inside of me, and "tickles" my desire for eternity.
- Russ: These days, He has been encouraging me through the heart-felt words and prayers of friends. And of course there is Scripture, which is literally His Heart-felt Word. It blows my mind to think that we can get a glimpse of the heart of God, who created this entire universe, by reading His Word. It's a supernatural book to say the least. These days, I am drawn to Scripture that talks about Heaven. I was always a bit of cynical of Christians who were preoccupied with the Second Coming and Heaven, but I now see myself wanting Jesus to come more than ever. When I read in Hebrews 11 how the faithful ones yearned for "a better place" (v. 16) and as foreigners and nomands, they were "too good for this world" (v. 38), I am inspired to endure and continue running the race by keeping my eyes focused on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2). I remember how this verse lifted me when I was marathon running, especially when I needed the encouragement during those last excruciating miles. This is how God is encouraging during these last days (He's coming sooner than we think).
- Hana: I was sad because Autumn's cats died, but I was happy because there were more newborn kittens (What a beautiful thing our 9 year old daughter has shared. I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 3 - For everything there is a season...A time to be born and a time to be born...Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end."
- Sei: I was sad because I miss my Japanese friends in California, but one of my friends, Yasmine sent me a letter and I was happy.
-Tomoki: I have no problems because I have a mother and father who knows what I need.
2. What does God say and/or do when you're feeling lonely?
-Megumi: The times I have felt lonely are the times when I felt like I could not hear His voice. But then he always seems to reassure me that He will never abadon me.
- Russ: He reminds me of His Son, who was "a man of sorrows" rejected by his family, his close friends, and then finally His Father during those excruciating moments on the Cross. I have come to realize that following Christ can be a very lonely experience at times, and I during those times, He has poured out His Spirit which is His way of saying "I am here and won't leave you." This is going to sound terrible, but I should probably say ithat in my experience, the kind of lonliness that comes from following Christ is rarely alleviated by the company or even encouragement of others, which seemingly never completely satisfies. This lonliness can be only filled by Him.
- Hana: I've never been lonely, not too much, because I have mommy.
- Sei: I've never been lonely, because I have mommy or daddy with me always.
- Tomoki: Lonely? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people love me?
3. What do you like to say and/or do for God?
- Russ: I want to tell Him how grateful I am for being so good to me.
- Hana: I want to ask God "When are you coming back to Earth to pick us up?" (Dad says: Awesome!)
- Sei: I want to ask God "Do you remember America?" Later when asked the same question, Sei said "Why does God know all things and like a magician?"
- Megumi: When are you going to bring us home? (Like daughter like mom - and Daddy says: Awesome!).
- Tomoki: I want to live out my name - Tomoki (Justice and Light) and Courage - all for His Kingdom
4. What do you think is the difference between "happiness" and "joy"?
Russ: Happiness is being amused by good yet cheap things. Joy is being all that God has intended me to be.
Megumi: Joy is being touched by God. Happiness is eating chocolate cake.
Hana: Happy is like "I have something" and joy is like "Lala-lalaaaah!!!"
Sei: Wakanai. (Japanese-English translation: I don't know).
Tomoki: Happy ia being held by mama and papa's friends. Joy is being held by mama and papa.

1 Comments:
How do you manage stress or worries? How do you keep calm around those you love when you're scared to death about something?
Could you recall a time when you had that Ah-ha moment, when you realized what God's will for your life is? What makes you laugh out loud? What would really brighten your day? What specific activity or person inspires you to see and feel God's love for YOU? What if any do you want to give to Jesus for Christmas gift? Does getting older ever bother you? Do you have to filter the drinking water there?
Hawaii water tastes so sweet...how's water there? ok...you don't have to answer everything I asked... :)
Mia
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home