Preparing A Place
It is Saturday evening and in about 6 hours (4:30 am) I will be off to Narita Airport to catch a flight to Manila. I will meet a cousin of mine there, and then wait for a connecting flight to Cebu, where I will arrive around 7:00 pm. I have already kissed the kids goodnight and told them that I would see them in about four weeks. I have been away from my children numerous times before, always when they were in Japan for a vacation. Earlier this year, when Megumi and the kids traveled to Japan for New Years,however, Hana became a bit more sad being away from her daddy. Tonight she told Megumi and I that she was going to be okay because four weeks was going to go by very fast. What a simple yet powerful way for a 8 year old to cope being away from her papa.
And so it is as we wait for our Heavenly Father. Time is going fast, we are one day closer to being home with Him.
Please pray for my safe travel and my initial days in the Philippines, and for our family as we are apart. I constantly have to pray for peace because being apart always creates anxiety for all of us. Also pray for Megumi as she spends the next four weeks with her family in Tokyo. May she exude joy and peace with her parents. And finally, pray that I will find a place that is reasonably affordable and safe for us, so that in four weeks, I can welcome Megumi and our kids to a place which we will call home for the next 11 months.
Tonight, I prayed the following Scripture over my children:
“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. - John 14
And so it is as we wait for our Heavenly Father. Time is going fast, we are one day closer to being home with Him.
Please pray for my safe travel and my initial days in the Philippines, and for our family as we are apart. I constantly have to pray for peace because being apart always creates anxiety for all of us. Also pray for Megumi as she spends the next four weeks with her family in Tokyo. May she exude joy and peace with her parents. And finally, pray that I will find a place that is reasonably affordable and safe for us, so that in four weeks, I can welcome Megumi and our kids to a place which we will call home for the next 11 months.
Tonight, I prayed the following Scripture over my children:
“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. - John 14

3 Comments:
Hi Russ--I wish you the best in your house hunting! I lived in Manila for a year as a child, just remember heat, humidity and mosquitos! BTW my gift to you is coming via IJM not OCC. Enjoy!
Hi Paula,
Thanks for your post. Why was your family in the Philippines? I'm not looking forward to the mosquitos. Fortunately, Cebu is low-risk malaria. We received your letter regarding your (very) generous gift. We were speechless, but. we will comply with your wishes :) We are grateful...
Russ and family
My dad was a CPA who did much mission work for various SDA institutions. We lived in Manila for 1 year, Singapore for 3 years and Hong Kong for a short time. A very international upbringing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home