
Here we are - Team Bermejo ready to begin the last half of the Marathon in May. We did the
Orange County Half four weeks ago and today the
Laguna Hills Half Marathon.

Here's big sis wishing Tomo a good race. It was nice to see the older siblings encourage their little brother.

What an inspiring sight to see a small band of soldiers on the course. They ran the entire race bearing flags.

The most beautiful portion of the race was the run through Aliso and Wood Canyon Park. Rolling hills and wild flowers! What a beautiful day to be alive.

Up to mile 8, we were at a good steady pace of about 11:30 - 12 minute mile. Tomo was sleeping and Papa was enjoying the worship music on the iPod. Right at this mark, I ran into a former attorney colleague of mine when I worked at Orange County Social Services (I always seem to "run" into someone I know during a race). The rest of the 5 miles we enjoyed catching up and conversing while walking and running. This woman has completed over a 100 marathons and many more half marathons. The older you get there is no hurry to finish. It's all about the experience.

The best part of the race - meeting up with my beautiful family. Finish time: 2 hours 53 minutes.

Tomo did an awesome job. Again - we were one of a few handful (maybe five or so) jogger stroller teams on the course.

Team Bermejo wants to thank all of its supporters. Together we raised nearly $2,000 for
My Refuge House. "You can do all things through Him...."

This day is about living, running, and dying for a greater purpose. We spent the rest of the day picnicking with some friends at a nearby park. I was exhausted, but very grateful.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home