Prayer of Abandonment
I share with you a few things from one of my leather prayer journals. These were written on one page back in February 2008 right as were deciding to go the Philippines. I find myself at a different point in the same journey, which makes it a bit of deja vu. I wonder if you've ever felt the same way when faced with a challenge or struggle or trial and find yourself saying "Wait - I've been here before" and looking back you saw our Father nothing but faithful. I've been doing a lot of that lately.

Father, I abandon myself into your hands;
Do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you
I am ready for all, I accept all
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures
I wish no more than this, O Lord
Into your hands I commend my soul
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart
For I love you, Lord,
and so I need to give myself
To surrender myself into your hands without reserve
And with boundless confidence for you are my Father
Amen
----
No reserves, no retreats, no regrets. - William Borden
----
Without Christ, not one step; with Him, anywhere." - David Livingstone
Father, I abandon myself into your hands;
Do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you
I am ready for all, I accept all
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures
I wish no more than this, O Lord
Into your hands I commend my soul
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart
For I love you, Lord,
and so I need to give myself
To surrender myself into your hands without reserve
And with boundless confidence for you are my Father
Amen
----
No reserves, no retreats, no regrets. - William Borden
----
Without Christ, not one step; with Him, anywhere." - David Livingstone

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home