Always Needing Prayer
Below is an email that I just sent out to our Prayer Team. These are a small circle of friends (mostly here in Orange County, but some close friends in other parts of the US), who have committed themselves to the ministry of prayer from beginning of our journey that brought us to the Philippines over 18 months ago. We have been encouraged by them beyond measure, and because the journey continues, so does the need for prayer. The subject line in my email - Always Needing Prayer
----
----
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 9:05 PM
Hi Prayer Team,
Greetings from Orange County! We are back and adjusting to life back here in the OC. I will keep this brief, since I hope to hit the sack early tonight, but I wanted to ask your prayers for a job interview I have tomorrow at 9am. I must admit that I am feeling a bit anxious about it as the need and desire to work mounts. It is for a forensic social worker position for a private firm who does family assessment for high conflict family law cases. Given my prior experience in child welfare, I bring some experience they are looking for. But because I have been away from that setting and mindset for a while, I feel a bit unprepared.
I trust that God does his greatest work when we feel weak. I also trust that God has this all covered and figured out and He is asking me to remain dependent and faithful. Although our experience in the Philippines is in the rearview mirror, and new chapters are unfolding, I have come to realize that this is One Story by One Author.
My interview is scheduled for 9 am - Thursday. Thank you for lifting me up.
Also we went to the midwife today, and Megumi and Baby #4 are doing well. It was great to hear the heartbeat after Megumi was feeling a bit anxious also not having felt any movement inside her. She is nearing completion of week 17. This is another area we are asking prayer.
I will follow-up within a few days to let you know how it all went and also to provide a date for our Prayer Team Celebration. I hope many (if not all) can make it.
Again - I praise God for each of you,
Russ & Megumi

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home