Saturday, July 4, 2009

Freedom!

Happy July 4th! I've posted this before on my blog, but I share it again today to remind us what true freedom is. God bless!

-----
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
for He has annointed me to bring Good News to the poor,
He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
that the blind will see,
that the oppressed will be set free...." - Luke 4:18-19

The Lord lives! Praise to my Rock!
May the God of my salvation be exalted!
He is the God who pays back those who harm me;
He subdues the nations under me and
rescues me from my enemies.
You hold me safe from violent opponents.
For this, O Lord, I will praise you among the nations;
I will sing praises to Your name. - Psalm 18:46-49

6 Comments:

Blogger ERuss said...

Find me here
And speak to me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me to the place
Where I find peace again

You are the strength
That keeps me walking
You are the hope
That keeps me trusting
You are the light to my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this

You calm the storms
And you give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You still my heart
When you take my breath away
Would you take me in take me deeper now

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this

Cause you're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, everything
You're all I want
You're all I need
Everything, everything

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this
And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better any better than this
And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this
Would you tell me how could it be
Any better than this

July 4, 2009 at 1:20 AM  
Blogger Viktoria Vi said...

Hi Russ and Megumi, you may not remember me but I am the social worker you met at the Rock Harbor justice prayer gathering shortly before you left. I found your blog several months ago and I have been following your journey regularly and praying for your time there and for the people that you are helping.

I will probably apply for a social worker fellowship position with IJM for next year in India...I would love to communicate with you further on some of the specifics regarding a social worker fellowhsip (I think that is what you are on right? or is it a business one...?) as you have time. I was also wondering if you know any current social worker fellows in the India office who may have a blog or be open to sharing their experience.

I have found your blog very spiritually inspiring and challenging so thank you for that! PS if you have a direct email, you can email me at: Tory616@yahoo.com. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Blessings,

Viktoria

July 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM  
Blogger ERuss said...

Hi Viktoria,

So great to hear from you and especially excited to hear about your interest in serving as an IJM Aftercare Fellow. IJM Headquarters informed us that there were a lack of applicants for these positions and the need was significant. I will try to connect you to someon in India. Have you been in contact with Headquarters? That might be place to start too. I will emaily you the information in the next couple days. In the meantime, I will pray for you. Thanks for your encouragement. We'll be in OC in two weeks. I can also meet up with you if you'd like. God bless.

July 6, 2009 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Viktoria Vi said...

Hi Russ, i would love to meet you and your family when you are back in OC. Thank you for checking with regards to India for me. it would be great to talk to a fellow who's there now or was there earlier. We'll see where I end up...thanks for letting me know about the significant need there...I am scared to death and feel a little crazy for even considering it...but thats the way God stretches us or works at times...Let me know if there is an email where I can send you my cell # and look foward to chatting with you when you come back on furlough... I will continue to pray for your family as well. Can't wait to chat in person!

Viktoria

July 6, 2009 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Viktoria Vi said...

Hey Russ, actually if you can also get me in contact with someone from Rwanda as well that would be great. I assumed that God would be sending me to India as that is my heritage, but I also speak French (I lived in France for a year in university and spoke fluently...its a little rusty but I am sure it will be relatively fluent again with immersion... and have also had an interest in Rwanda so.....don't want to make any assumptions...thanks!

July 6, 2009 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger ERuss said...

Hi Viktoria - I've sent an email to Ann Healing at IJM Headquarters regarding India and Rwanda. We'll wait to hear from her. In the meantime, I enjoyed reading your last couple posts -

"I am scared to death and feel a little crazy for even considering it..." - been there - I know what that feeling is like. Be strong and prayerful. and then -

"but thats the way God stretches us or works at times..." Praising God for this season in your life. Regardless of what happens or where you end up, God is shsaping you.

July 6, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home