Enter This Temple
This is going to sound a little silly, but there is something different about listening to worship praise music while working at the IJM office or at My Refuge House. There's always something playing outloud on someone's computer at work and I love it. For a reason I cannot describe, worship songs and their lyrics play differently here now for me for me. (Similarly, the Book of Psalms reads differently here than ever before). Before going here, I knew in my head that justice was close to the heartbeat of God. But now I know it in my heart. And only by the grace of God have I been able to experience worshipping the Father in spirit and in truth. This is the kind of worship that He desires (see John 4), and it is my joy to experience it. Justice is only one part of His heartbeat. What part of His hearbeat are you hearing? What is it saying to you? Are you experiencing Him in intimate ways these days. If you are, then you also know that worship can never be the same because of that heartbeat.
One of the songs that gets constant play from my co-worker, Divine's desk is the song below - Enter This Temple by Leeland. It is one of the songs that I cannot get out of my head these days. I was just led to read Isaiah 6 (especially the opening verses) and I am without any more words to describe our Father.
One of the songs that gets constant play from my co-worker, Divine's desk is the song below - Enter This Temple by Leeland. It is one of the songs that I cannot get out of my head these days. I was just led to read Isaiah 6 (especially the opening verses) and I am without any more words to describe our Father.

1 Comments:
Beware - the invitation for the Father to enter this temple is not to be made casually. Be prepared to be shaken -
"...I saw the Lord. He was sitting on lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wins. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. They were calling out to each other,
'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Heaven's Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!'
Their vocies shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entre building was filled with smoke.
Then I said 'It's all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I love among oeple with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the Lord of Heaven's Armies.'
The rest of the this passage is importantly theologically because the Lord, after the prophet's confession, offers forgiveness. But he doesn't stop there.
The gospel doesn't stop there, either. Our preaching shouldn't stop there. Forgviveness by the Father should always lead to submission of our lives to Him.
"Whom shall I send.....Who will go for us?"
Without hesitation, Isaiah, because he ws awed and grateful, simply said - 'Here I am, Send me."
Awesome!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home