Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Eve

I've experienced a range of emotions this week - from exhaustion, to exhileration, despair to gratefulness, weariness to hopeful, and with Megumi and the kids leaving tomorrow for Japan, I'm on a roller coaster once again. I feel bad that I spent so much time away from them this last week but joyful because of their acceptance of me and my work. We spent the afternoon at one of the local malls, enjoyed a pizza dinner as a family. Megumi and the kids spent most of the morning packing everything they will need for the next two months (Tokyo & California). My Auntie Susan arrived this morning from San Carlos and she will be staying here along with our helper, Mayang, as they keep me company and take care of meals and laundry while I chug along at work.

Here are some photos of us today. We wake up at 3:30 am to head to the airport. The kids are excited, but I can tell it is getting a bit harder for Hana to be separated from her Papa. She worries more but continues to tell herself and me that 3 weeks will go by fast. There is nothing like being a father, and my kids have taught me more than they will ever realize. I can honestly say that I love each of them without any difference among the three, without end, and without any condition. The strange thing is that I can see my love growing...which I never thought was possible. I look at them and wish they would never grow up. Such thoughts lead to sadness. Time is the great equalizer for all of us.

So I am grateful once again, knowing the sadness of having them away for three weeks is the cost of loving them well. Which just got me thinking - imagine - the cost of loving someone well (John 3:16. . I am grateful once a again. Happy Father's Day.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home