Friday, July 4, 2008

Praises & Request

Happy July 4th! We are headed off this afternoon to spend it with family. We will enjoy every moment we have with them before we leave. We will miss them and they will miss us....even my brother-in-law, Jay told me "I'm going to miss you, Russ!" and "Man, I love you." This makes me want to cry (really).

It's Friday, so here is a latest list of Praises & Requests

Praising God for the following -

- found a pension house (motel) in Cebu and called them to reserve a room when I arrive later this month; the cost: 670 pesos or about $15.00 per night, I'll be there while I find a place for the family. Until then, all I need is a bed and air-conditioner.
- almost done packing two boxes full of our stuff which we will ship ahead of us to the Philippines; it will take over 30 days to get there, and best part of it: the courier service picks it up at your door and delivers it to the doorstep of the final destination.
- made final appointments with my doctor and dentist; this is my first physical exam in ten years, so I hope I pass; I am not sure what dental care is like over there, so this may be my only dental visit until next year...shucks...
- we have received generous offers from a few friends to come over and watch the children while we take care of things; and the best news - I think we will take them up on their offer..thanks to the Loos, Macallisters, and Blacks.
- my siblings have offered the help of their children (my six nephews & nieces) also - they are in the first few weeks of their summer vacation and already bored. So they can come to Uncle Russy and Auntie Megumi's place to wash walls, dust shutters, vacuum, and scrub the tub. And in return, we will take them to the Orange County Fair. Sounds like a deal- which should happen next week.
- Megumi and I are feeling a bit better after feeling so overwhelmed. Your prayers have been our strength.

Asking you to pray for the following;

- for strength and a positive attitude while Russ finishes his work; there's lot to do and not much time..he is technically on vacation, but working during parts of the day, and going into the office in the evening...pray that he finish strong after 10 weary years on the job.
- for Russ' family; pray that they be at peace with our departure; I think they're feeling a bit sad these days...
- New Heart Community Church as they prepare to open-up the aftercare facility - My Refuge House in the Philippines. They are sending out members in team/waves starting this month through the rest of the summer.
- for Megumi - she needs everyone's prayers and more sleep
- our kids - that they be good to each other as they see their entire world turn-upside down; today, we dropped off some of their toys to a friends so they can enjoy them while they are gone.

Have a great holiday! Today is a day for freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home