Praises & Requests
It's Friday, so it's time again for Requests and Praise:
Praising Lord Jesus for the following:
- we have prospective tenants to rent our place for the year we are gone. They are a Japanese couple, who are friends of a friend. They are looking for a furnished place, and we are wanting to leave our placed furnished. So it seems like a perfect fit.
- IJM was able to find a homestay family who will accept me into their home when I go to Washington DC for Training Week in June. Nancy R. and her family are so gracious to receive me. Praise God for their gift of hospitality. I look forward to meeting them.
- for the cashier at C28; I went to NOTW/C28 store at Main Place Mall to get some gift cards for my nephews and nieces. After the purchase was completed, the cashier, whose name was Ashley, asked me if I needed prayer. I was surprised by her question, but thought how ridiculously untrue it would be if I said "No, I'm good." I said yes and shared our plans to serve for IJM. We bowed our heads while she prayed this powerful prayer right in front of the store counter. Amazing...
- for my Christian co-workers at my job; I started a morning devotional group at work and we meet at 10 am every morning for 15 minutes to read Oswald Chamber's My Utmost For His Highest. I asked my brothers and sisters to pray for me after I was feeling discouraged. I told them that the Evil one was robbing my joy and I needed their help. Through the power of their prayers, I was EN-couraged. One sister even emailed her brother, who is a minister up north, and he emailed her back with such an encouraging email with some Bible promises to share with me. When I read it, I was moved to tears because I knew that the Holy Spirit was speaking to me through His word and the encouragement of others. Wow....
- For God's strength; this Tuesday, I spent part of the morning speaking to my father-in-law about our plans for the Philippines and our reasons for doing such a thing. As I had mentioned earlier, I was quite nevous and anxious about this given Megumi's parents' disfavor about our plans. I shared about my dream to serve in the Philippines, my vision for my children, and our faith that motivates our lives. Megumi's father did not say much and only listened until the very end, when he said "I know that you are serving your God, and that you are praying to Him." I was relieved because he saw our faith. Praise God for him at least recognizing this.
- the opportunity to teach the Justice Mission curriculum at my church. I shared about IJM, their work, and God's feeling towards Injustice. I challenged the group by asking "Is it fair to consider ourself a follower of God, if we don't love what God loves and hates what He hates. I also shared about "compassion permanence" which I will blog later about.
We need your continued prayers for the following:

- we still need to decide on a homeschooling curriculum for Hana. Many of you may know that we have chosen to raise Hana in Waldorf Education. The whole homeschooling thing seems a bit overwhelming to us right now. Pray that God will ease our anxiety and lead us to the right materials.
- Russ' preparation to finish up his responsibilities at his work in the next few weeks. The task is daunting and overwhelming. Pray for strength and that he finish strong before resigning from his job.
- for Megumi as she continues to take care of the family. She is so strong yet there are times when she feels outnumbered by the kids. Wait - she is outnumbered. Her and I are outnumbered. So I guess we need one more to help out. We pick Jesus. Pray that us three will take care of the little three.
Praising Lord Jesus for the following:
- we have prospective tenants to rent our place for the year we are gone. They are a Japanese couple, who are friends of a friend. They are looking for a furnished place, and we are wanting to leave our placed furnished. So it seems like a perfect fit.
- IJM was able to find a homestay family who will accept me into their home when I go to Washington DC for Training Week in June. Nancy R. and her family are so gracious to receive me. Praise God for their gift of hospitality. I look forward to meeting them.
- for the cashier at C28; I went to NOTW/C28 store at Main Place Mall to get some gift cards for my nephews and nieces. After the purchase was completed, the cashier, whose name was Ashley, asked me if I needed prayer. I was surprised by her question, but thought how ridiculously untrue it would be if I said "No, I'm good." I said yes and shared our plans to serve for IJM. We bowed our heads while she prayed this powerful prayer right in front of the store counter. Amazing...
- for my Christian co-workers at my job; I started a morning devotional group at work and we meet at 10 am every morning for 15 minutes to read Oswald Chamber's My Utmost For His Highest. I asked my brothers and sisters to pray for me after I was feeling discouraged. I told them that the Evil one was robbing my joy and I needed their help. Through the power of their prayers, I was EN-couraged. One sister even emailed her brother, who is a minister up north, and he emailed her back with such an encouraging email with some Bible promises to share with me. When I read it, I was moved to tears because I knew that the Holy Spirit was speaking to me through His word and the encouragement of others. Wow....
- For God's strength; this Tuesday, I spent part of the morning speaking to my father-in-law about our plans for the Philippines and our reasons for doing such a thing. As I had mentioned earlier, I was quite nevous and anxious about this given Megumi's parents' disfavor about our plans. I shared about my dream to serve in the Philippines, my vision for my children, and our faith that motivates our lives. Megumi's father did not say much and only listened until the very end, when he said "I know that you are serving your God, and that you are praying to Him." I was relieved because he saw our faith. Praise God for him at least recognizing this.
- the opportunity to teach the Justice Mission curriculum at my church. I shared about IJM, their work, and God's feeling towards Injustice. I challenged the group by asking "Is it fair to consider ourself a follower of God, if we don't love what God loves and hates what He hates. I also shared about "compassion permanence" which I will blog later about.
We need your continued prayers for the following:
- we still need to decide on a homeschooling curriculum for Hana. Many of you may know that we have chosen to raise Hana in Waldorf Education. The whole homeschooling thing seems a bit overwhelming to us right now. Pray that God will ease our anxiety and lead us to the right materials.
- Russ' preparation to finish up his responsibilities at his work in the next few weeks. The task is daunting and overwhelming. Pray for strength and that he finish strong before resigning from his job.
- for Megumi as she continues to take care of the family. She is so strong yet there are times when she feels outnumbered by the kids. Wait - she is outnumbered. Her and I are outnumbered. So I guess we need one more to help out. We pick Jesus. Pray that us three will take care of the little three.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home