What Do You Want to Be
The last couple posts here on this blog have been about missionaries. One of the great parts of our experience here is to meet other missionary families who have dedicated their lives to building and extending God's Kingdom. There are as many different ministries as families, some of here doing justice work (such as our family), church planting, children's ministry, midwifery clinic, deaf ministry, etc.
Hana's best friend here is Autumn, who is missionary kid living right across the street from our place. Recently, I asked Hana what she wants to be be when she gets older. Her previous answers have incldued nurse and ballerina. Hana's most recent response was:
"I want to be a missionary." She added that "Autumn also wants to be missionary just like her dad." When I asked her that a missionary does, she said "They share Jesus with other people."
I asked if she wanted to run a girls home like Papa is doing right now. She just simply smiled.
Of course, this gives me joy. Yesterday at church, Pastor Rick was talking about how to parent and raise Godly children. He mentioned that there are many barometers to measure how parents are doing, but he stated that the greatest barometer is raising them to serve others. The end goal of all of our work as moms and dads are to teach them to love God and to love others.
By the way, I asked Sei what he wanted to be when he was older. His response: "I want to be a baseball player."
Papa's thoughts - "I like that, too."
Hana's best friend here is Autumn, who is missionary kid living right across the street from our place. Recently, I asked Hana what she wants to be be when she gets older. Her previous answers have incldued nurse and ballerina. Hana's most recent response was:
"I want to be a missionary." She added that "Autumn also wants to be missionary just like her dad." When I asked her that a missionary does, she said "They share Jesus with other people."
I asked if she wanted to run a girls home like Papa is doing right now. She just simply smiled.
Of course, this gives me joy. Yesterday at church, Pastor Rick was talking about how to parent and raise Godly children. He mentioned that there are many barometers to measure how parents are doing, but he stated that the greatest barometer is raising them to serve others. The end goal of all of our work as moms and dads are to teach them to love God and to love others.
By the way, I asked Sei what he wanted to be when he was older. His response: "I want to be a baseball player."
Papa's thoughts - "I like that, too."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home