Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Songs That Move Me

The IJM Global Prayer Gathering is in a week and half and Headquarters is busy in its preparation for this incredible event. On the IJM Institute website, the following information was posted regarding preparation for the worship time.
----
The Global Prayer Gathering is drawing nigh and our office is buzzing with preparations and excitement. The directors of each field office - Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Peru, Honduras, Bolivia, Guatemala, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Kenya, Zambia, Rwanda, Uganda, even Ecuador (not yet launched) will begin arriving here in DC in just a few days.

Had a fantastic conversation with Sara Groves last night, putting some final details together for her special leadership role on Saturday night of the GPG, and have been loving the plans Lamont has been putting together for worship throughout the weekend.

What are your favorite worship songs (of any artist) these days, and why? What songs by either Sara or Lamont are you particularly inspired by?
---
I posted the following:

These are a few songs that have inspired and encouraged me when I prepared myself to come here to IJM Cebu and while serving here as well:

- I Saw What I Saw - Sara Groves (Your dreams, inspire, Your hope a fire - a great song by a great voice for justice and compassion, this song took special meaning after seeing what I saw with my own eyes).
- Everlasting God - Lincoln Brewster ("You’re the defender of the weak, - You comfort those in need)
- You Never Let Go - Matt Redman (And I will fear no evil For my God is with me - I think of my courageous colleagues whenever I hear this song)
- God of Justice - Tim Hughes (Alan - Business Fellow led this out in our office worship last week - to sing this song while here is simply amazing!)
- When I Survey The Wonderous Cross - performed by Kathryn Scott (my favorite hymn of all time, with some of the greatest lyrics ever written, especially the end - “love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all)

Praying for God’s Spirit to move at GGP.

Grace & Peace - Russ B. - Aftercare Fellow, IJM Cebu

Posted by ERuss on 03.17.09 at 09:41 PM





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the songs that deeply move me is song by Don Francisco called"walking wounded" ? I have an old cassette of it but I don't know if they have that on cd. Maybe you can listen to it and let me know what you think...
Mia

April 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, it's on youtube.com
I like most of Don Francisco's songs...his lyrics really make me meditate on Jesus...
Mia

April 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home