Thursday, May 1, 2008

Seek Justice


I hate all your show and pretense-the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies. I will not accept your burnt offerings and grain offerings. I won't even notice all your choice peace offerings. Away with your noisy hymns of praise! I will not listen to the music of your harps. Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, and an endless river of righteous living. - Amos 5:21-24

He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what is good. And what
does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to
walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8

Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend
the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. - Isaiah 1:17

You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them,
and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the
oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more- Psalm 10:17-18

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of
injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? - Isaiah 58:6

The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth if full of his
unfailing love. - Psalm 33:5

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with
all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and
greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your
neighbors as yourself." All the Law and the Prophets hang on these
two commandments. - Matthew 22:37-40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home